Built in the USA by Powell Performance Fab out of Hutchinson, MN. Our ultra lightweight 7hp “Wood Duck” mud motors are the ONLY choice for any hardcore backwater enthusiast! Whether it be chasing ducks, trapping, or finding fish in those spots that are impossible to get to with a conventional outboard.
We pride ourselves on delivering top of the line quality at a bottom line price. Our quality materials, attention to detail, and customer service are second to none. Now combine that with the lightest mud motor in its class, dependability, superior ease of use, and you have the 7 hp" Wood Duck”, the only choice.
The “Wood Duck” is ideal for 12-14’ jon boats, layout boats, Grumman sport boats, or any small boat with a 15” transom. Average speeds will depend on the boat(size,weight, and design),and the load your carrying. Speeds of 11-13mph on small jon boats are common (heavy loads will be less). The boat shown below is a 1432 Alumacraft which will do 13mph with a stock engine, one 225lb person, 95lb lab,2 dozen decoys, and personal gear. The Honda with Stage 1 Kit and governor removal shown on that same 1432 below will do 15mph with the same load.
Standard Features of the Wood Duck Mud Motor-
- 7 hp Predator engine
- Diamond Drive direct drive coupler system
- trigger throttle and locking grip w/ billet locking rings
- dual function tether and kill switch
- large linear load bearing system (the engine takes ZERO thrust unlike competitors)
- Hill Marine weedless mud propeller, 15-5 heat treated stainless steel, 6.5”x4”
- CNC formed DOM tubing construction
- UHMW integrated trim tab/ bump stop
- adjustable cavitation plate for fine tuning
- “Quick Drop” transom mount (allowing the motor to be removed or installed on the boat in less than 4 seconds)
- removable handle with quick release pin
- heavy duty pivot system (motor will pivot 360 degrees on boats with straight transoms)
- low maintenance grease able drive shaft
- all parts are made by CNC and laser cut for a precision fit
- total weight of only 59lbs. (approx.) Depending on the engine manufacture, the total weight can vary up to 5lbs. Engine weights are listed below.
- included are detailed assembly and maintenance instructions
- all frames have a 2 year warranty
Complete 7hp Wood Duck mud motor w/ Predator engine- $1195.00 anywhere in the lower 48 states. Please call with orders outside the lower 48 states.
- A 7.375% sales tax will be applied to all MN residents.
- some assembly required (engine comes separate from frame)
- pick-up also available (fully assembled)
Wood Duck Frame Kit-
- Everything you need but the engine.
- overall length with standard handle 88.5”
- length without handle 69.5”
- drive shaft length 58”
- complete frame assembly weight 21.5 lbs. approx.
- engine weight 37.5 lbs. approx...
- Honda GX200, weight-35lbs. (6.5hp), 3 year manufacture warranty- add $250.00
- Predator 212 cc, weight- 37.5lbs. (7 hp),2 year warranty by PPF- (standard engine)
- Kohler Command PRO CH270 , weight-38.7lbs.(7hp), 3 year manufacture warranty - add $225.00
- Stage 1 Kit- (for the Honda GX200 and Predator engines only)
This kit reliably turns your 6.5hp into a 9hp with some simple modifications, Governor removal is highly recommended to notice any gains. This is a do-it –yourself kit that includes- billet air filter adapter, K&N style air filter, larger main Jet, stiffer valve springs and retainers, PPF head pipe and muffler, all necessary gaskets, and an advanced timing flywheel key. - add $165.00